Bay County SHRM, Inc. is an affiliation of professionals with a common interest in human resources and employment law. The purpose of the Bay County SHRM is to provide training and educational opportunities to business professionals. We are an affiliate chapter of Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and a local chapter of HR Florida State Council.
We are committed to serve as a forum to provide opportunities for our members in:
1. Education - by seeking to promote and advance the understanding and application of every phase of the broad concept of human resources.
2. Leadership - by endeavoring to improve and establish proven ideals and standards of ethical conduct and relationships in the field of human resource management.
3. Networking - by encouraging cooperation among members for the exchange of ideas, discussion of problems and the dissemination of information in the field of human resources.
4. Community Service - by initiating and/or actively participating in varied programs that the membership shall approve as being consistent with the objective of this Association and worthy of the sponsorship and/or assistance.
5. Legislative attention to local, state, and national human resource management issues by providing current and pertinent information to members and serving as a medium for collective participation by members in human resource issues deemed worthy by the general membership.
6. As well as improving public understanding of the role of human resource management.
This association is not organized for profit or to engage in any activity normally carried on for profit and will operate within the meaning of section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.