Joyce Chastain, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
THE KRIZNER GROUP
With many years of senior-level human resources experience in the private sector environment, Joyce Chastain brings practical know-how to each engagement. As a human resources consultant with The Krizner Group, she specializes in talent development, employee relations, internal investigations, employment law compliance, and affirmative action plans. She is a frequent guest speaker for professional associations and academia covering a wide array of human resources topics.
Ms. Chastain holds a Business Administration degree from Emmanuel College, Franklin Springs, GA; was awarded Senior Certified Professional designation, Senior Professional in Human Resources designation and holds an Advanced Certificate in Internal Investigations.
She has served on the board of the HR Florida State Council since 2007 and currently serves as Immediate Past President. Additionally, she has served as a:
· Member of the Florida State University Center for Human Resource Management;
· Board Member of the Big Bend Society for Human Resource Management;
· Board Member of the Big Bend Business Leadership Network; and
· Mentor in the Society for Human Resource Management Program.
Ms. Chastain was selected as one of the “Twenty-five Women You Should Know in Tallahassee” and was honored with the designation of the Florida Human Resources Professional of the Year. She has also been featured by the Florida Trend Magazine as a Trendsetter in Human Resources.
JOYCE CHASTAIN will provide a comprehensive look at hot topics in employment law designed to help attendees stay current on new developments in regulations and compensation practices. Specific areas covered include:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Key requirements
- Who is actually covered
- Lesser-known subtleties
- Employer’s responsibility? Liability?
- Checking E-mail after hours
- · Unreasonable Accommodation
- - Can you prove it?
- · Failure to Hire Claims
- - What is it?
- - How do I avoid it?
- · An Exit Interview Made Me a Hero
- - What to ask
- - How to use the information
Regulatory information coupled with real-life examples will strengthen the understanding of how recent changes impact the workplace.